Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fated By: Alyson Noel


Title: Fated
Author: Alyson Noel
Pages: 384
Level: Young adult
Published: May 22, 2012


Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter’s sanity, Daire’s mother sends her to live with the grandmother she’s never met. A woman who recognizes the visions for what they truly are—the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker—one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead.
There on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico, Daire sets out to harness her mystical powers. But it’s when she meets Dace, the boy from her dreams, that her whole world is shaken to its core. Now Daire is forced to discover if Dace is the one guy she's meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.

Review:

What first drew me to this book was the cover. Ultimately it's what makes me buy a book, I know that's supposed to be bad, but whatever. I actually thought the cover was kind of cheesy, so it made me want to read the summary. And, I was actually really intrigued.

The plot line was something completely different and really refreshing. I thought it moved at a good pace. I am a hopeless romantic though and from reading the summary it sounds like a romance, but that's on the back-burner and isn't a main focus (which was a bummer).

I really liked the story and I couldn't put the book down. I felt that the book led up to the climax for a major part of the book and the last 20 pages everything had to be wrapped up. So, by the time I got to the end, I was yearning for more.

Although I really liked this book, I am a little skeptical. Alyson Noel always writes these amazing books. BUT the first one is always the best and then she just carries out the series for an infinitely long amount of books which makes me end up hating them. I'm hoping she doesn't do the same for this series, but you never know.

Cover: 3/5
Character Rating: 4/5
Style: 4/5
Development: 4/5
Overall: ****

2 comments:

  1. Sounds kind of like Unearthly because she has dreams of this boy and she goes out to find him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it does. The concept is so different though because there aren't any angels in this book, at least not that I know of. But both were really good!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.