Thursday, April 19, 2012

Revelation (Private 8) By Kate Brian


Title: Revelation
Author: Kate Brian
Pages:288
Level: Young Adult
Published: September 16, 2008

(Spoilers if you haven't read the previous)

The biggest mystery of all...and Reed is dying to learn the truth. Two months after Cheyenne Martin was found dead in her Billings House dorm room, exclusive Easton Academy is rocked by another stunning revelation: Cheyenne was murdered. No one knows who the killer is, but everyone agrees that Reed Brennan, who took over Cheyenne's role as Billings's president, gained the most from her death. Once the most powerful girl on campus, Reed is now powerless to stop her classmates' accusing whispers. Rumors begin to swirl that she killed Cheyenne. And just like that, Reed is kicked out of Billings. She's lost everything -- her friends, her home, her boyfriend -- and Reed knows the only way to get it all back is to figure out who really murdered Cheyenne. And she has to do it fast because the killer is still out there. The more Reed investigates, the more she uncovers. And as any Billings Girl knows...secrets can be deadly.

Review:

Oh my good lord. I don't know what to say about this book, I guess I'll start from the beginning. So, I was mildly interested because I still wanted all the unresolved issues to finally be over and I was curious as to how Reed was going to work her "magic" this time.

I was so depressed reading this book. I felt everything that Reed was going through times ten. I was actually dreading reading it because it was making me so depressed to continue on.

Well, I sure am glad that I did, to some extent. The ending came out of no where, as if Kate realized that she needed to wrap up the book in ten pages and put the most dramatic ending in it. I actually liked it though because it was so out of no where that I was shocked along with the characters.

And, although the ending wasn't everything I hoped for, it's a start and I'm sure the next one will make everything good again.

Cover: 1/5
Character Rating : 3/5
Style: 3/5
Development: 3/5
Overall:
****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.