Saturday, April 7, 2012

Paranormalcy By Kiersten White


Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Pages: 352
Level: Young Adult
Published: August 31, 2010

Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone—or something—starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.
Normal is so overrated.

Review:

I've read a lot of reviews on this book and they all thought the book was just absolutely magnificent. Well... I wouldn't go that far.

It was good, I'll admit that, but it certainly wasn't worth all the hype. I didn't find a lot of faults in the book. It was pretty good, the plot might have been a little slow, but it picked up somewhat after. I don't really know what to say, it didn't stand out. I mean, I'm not going to be jumping up and down to read the next one.

It's just so hard to write a review on a book that didn't stand out to me. Evie was a good character I liked that she was able to stand up for herself and wasn't one of those damsels in distress.

I guess that's really all to say, it seems like the last two books I have read (including this one) just haven't been that good to me because I'm holding them up to such high standards.

Maybe you'll like it better though.

Cover: 4/5 ( I really liked the dress)
Character Rating: 3/5
Style: 4/5
Development: 3/5
Overall:
***

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! Dang you've been reading fast. I need to up my speed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to catch up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are insane! lol. ;P
    I LOVED this book
    What standard? What book did you read that you loved so much that you can't see how AMAZING this book is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I don't want to say that it was AMAZING, I mean I guess it was, but Awaken was extremely good, and I might even do a review on a book I've already read: The Fault in our Stars by John Green, which was by far probably the best book I have EVER read. So if you haven't read that you should definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha WITCHA is a total realistic fiction kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.