Monday, April 9, 2012

Fever By Lauren DeStefano

Title: Fever
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Pages: 341
Level: Young Adult
Published: February 21, 2012

Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but they’re still in danger. Outside, they find a world even more disquieting than the one they left behind. Determined to get to Manhattan and to find Rhine’s twin brother Rowan, the two press forward, amidst threats of being captured again . . . or worse.
The road they are on is long and perilous—and in a world where young women only live to age 20 and men die at age 25, time is precious. In this sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price—now that she has more to lose than ever.

Review:

This is the second installment of The Chemical Garden Trilogy. When I first started, probably 40 pages in, I hated it. It was not what I had imagined it to be. I did not like the plot line. It was kind of boring, and the "carnival" (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it) was so depressing, I was like "is this seriously going to be what the book is about?"

I guess I just wasn't open-minded to what other plots could be since I had already made up my own. WELL, I was wrong. This book was pretty dang fabulous. I LOVED the cover, you seriously have no idea. I want to go to Kinko's and make a giant life-sized copy of it to hang on my wall, yes, it's that wonderful.

I also liked the new characters, they were so fresh and I felt that if I was in the book, that I would be friends with them as well.

The plot line was so quick I had to keep reading to see what was going to happen. I mean Vaughn scared the hell out of me so I was freaking out for them.

The only complaint I have is the ending. I thought that she was trying to wrap the book up so quickly, I guess so that she could have the rest of the good stuff in the third, but to me anyway there could have been another hundred pages.

Otherwise... It was absolutely freakin' amazing.
image
Cover: 5/5
Character Rating: 4/5
Style: 5/5
Development: 4/5
Overall:
****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.