Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ambition (Private 7) By Kate Brian


Title: Ambition
Author: Kate Brian
Pages: 279
Level: Young Adult
Published: May 6, 2008

(Spoilers if you haven't read the previous)

The higher you climb, the farther you have to fall.... Reed Brennan knew being elected president of exclusive Billings Hall would change her life. What she didn't count on was being dumped by her boyfriend, Josh Hollis, or being held responsible for a fire that destroyed Easton Academy's oldest building. And now the administration wants to shut Billings down. Forever. As president, it's up to Reed to save Billings Hall. What better way to win over the head­master than to host a glam fund-raising event in New York City? Everyone needs a date, and the newly single Reed is the most eligible girl on campus. All of Easton's hottest boys are angling to take her out, and for once, Reed's biggest problem is which one to choose. Reed has never felt so popular or powerful -- until the police start asking questions about Cheyenne Martin's death. Excited party buzz quickly turns to whispered rumors and dark moods, and one thing becomes clear: There is someone who wants to see Billings, and Reed, go down. And they will do anything to make it happen.

Review: I didn't really like this book, not for the obvious reasons, it wasn't a bad book. I guess I just have so much empathy for everyone that it really takes a toll on me when the characters of a book are going through a rough time.

Well, that's to say the least. I hated the ending of the previous book because it botched up everything. I was so upset that that could happen that it made me not want to read this one.

I still feel that way after I read this one because nothing was resolved. Actually, there were just more issues added onto the pile. It actually kind of stressed me out.

The book wasn't bad, but I felt like it was an im-between book. Even though it had a clear plot that related well to the story, I felt that I often overlooked it because I didn't find it important. I wanted other problems to be solved (which they weren't ).

The plot did seem a little slow though, the only thing that motivated me was finding out what happened in one of the minor plots.

Cover: 1/5
Character Rating: 3/5
Style: 3/5
Development: 3/5
Overall:
***

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I haven't heard of this series so I'll go back and read your previous reviews.

    Also, thanks for the comment on our blog, we're now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and joini
    ng My blog. I am following you too.
    http://eternallovebooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.